[FRIAM] Book publishing advice needed

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:53:16 EDT 2020

Clinicians (therapists, counselors, psychiatrists, etc) use data that is
based on private, highly sensitive personal information, it's very
difficult and often impossible to apply the methods of experimental
psychologists to that data.  The clinicians do write papers but by the
experimenters standards the sample sizes are so tiny as to merit dismissal
of the results.

So, imagine you are a clinician.  Every case you have ever seen of a person
with paranoid delusions involves significant grandiosity.  (Why would the
CIA be focusing on you, Marvin) Your colleagues have observed the same with
few exceptions.  Some clinician writes an article which mentions this.
Experimental psychologists read it and say you need to do a double blind
study to assert that.  You realize that's impossible so you learn to
disregard experimentalists just as they disregard you.  You both think, "I
wish I were a physicist but I hated math".

Take it for what it's worth.

Frank

---
Frank C. Wimberly