[FRIAM] Grothendieck toposes and their role in Mathematics

∄ uǝlƃ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 12:54:52 EDT 2020

Mine's on pg 348. 1997 edition. Mac Lane's is on pg 106 (2nd edition). It would be interesting to know whether the choice(s) were made to introduce the concept earlier later based on the trajectory of the text or the intuitive naturalness of the concept. Oddly, I like the definition Mac Lane gives in the Appendix (pg 289) better than the one on pg 106. But I don't really understand any of it. I've placed Jon's 2 youtube recommendations in The Queue.

--
☣ uǝlƃ