[FRIAM] better simulating actual FriAM

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 19:13:39 EDT 2020

Interesting. I completely reject that dichotomy. It sounds as if he (or whoever would NOT be driven crazy by such a thing) is either 1) making some psychological mistake or 2) is executing some sort of attention-slicing algorithm. The psych mistake would be akin to thinking multi-tasking actually happens, which it does not, in anyone ... ever. >8^D

So, if I give him the benefit of the doubt, I'll accuse him of (2), which I do all the time. E.g. when I got EricS's 607 page doorstop, I jumped right into the middle of chapter 7. That line of thought I am on ran its course and I'm jumping out, without finishing chapter 7, and I plan to move on to some other part. *While* doing that, I'm still reading "Ignorance" and I've read maybe 6 other papers on various different things (the most interesting was on actual vs potential infinities and whether or not we can do 2nd order math over potential infinities). That is attention-slicing. None of it stoops to "pastime". If I had such a thing as a "pastime", it would be drinking alone in my basement ... but luckily you can only do that so much before it kills you.

I've heard tell of people enjoying "idle talk", "gossip", and such. But I've never experienced it ... nor would I enjoy it.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ