[FRIAM] Pechakucha Santa Fe

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Jul 21 20:39:21 EDT 2020

this PechaKucha group (in Santa Fe) started up back while sfX was still
afloat and I think we even hosted their first event?

https://www.architecturesantafe.org/pk-posts/meet-our-pechakucha-vol-7-presenters

It seems like this was about the same time as "Lightning Talks" and
"Ignite" and similar formats were on the rise.   I have mixed feelings
about the actual delivery of these things, but I *do* think that it is a
good exercise to try to condense an idea/pitch/topic to 20 slides with
20 seconds budgeted each to cover it.

The topic for this event is "Profit"...   In any case, they accepted my
"registration" for the virtual event tomorrow night, so I'm guessing
they are not "full" yet.

I think of them as bringing "design thinking" to a broad range of
problems... that may not be a fair synopsis, but it's what I've got.