[FRIAM] square land math question

Edward Angel angel at cs.unm.edu
Thu Jul 23 11:10:40 EDT 2020

Why would you call the limit of the increasing smaller squares a “square”? Would you still say it has a dimension of 2? It has no area and no perimeter. In fractal geometry we can create objects with only slightly different constructions that in the limit have a zero area and an infinite perimeter.

Ed

Ed Angel

Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and Science Laboratory (ARTS Lab)
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of New Mexico

1017 Sierra Pinon
Santa Fe, NM 87501
505-984-0136 (home)		 	angel at cs.unm.edu <mailto:angel at cs.unm.edu>
505-453-4944 (cell) 				http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel <http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel>