[FRIAM] square land math question

Angel Edward edward.angel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 18:27:27 EDT 2020

You keep talking in terms of implementations rather than the abstract object.

Here you say a square does not include information about its location but then you add the location in the class definition. In coordinate-free geometry, you have only three basic entities: scalars, points and vectors. You can use them to define all the standard geometric objects and write code purely in terms of these entities.

Ed

Ed Angel

Founding Director, Art, Research, Technology and Science Laboratory (ARTS Lab)
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science, University of New Mexico

1017 Sierra Pinon
Santa Fe, NM 87501
505-984-0136 (home)		 	edward.angel at gmail.com
505-453-4944 (cell) 				http://www.cs.unm.edu/~angel