[FRIAM] "certain codes of conduct"

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:03:45 EDT 2020

Ha! No, it doesn't make me feel more comfortable. It does fit my style of thinking, though, which is criticism/critical. The NYT article was all choir. There was no Adversary in that article. It also fits my understanding of embodied cognition. Engagement is how we're defined, not abstractions like reading a book or being lectured by a lecturer.

As I've argued plenty, humiliation is an effective tool. DiAngelo is GREAT at humiliating her white audience. And that's a good thing. Negative reinforcement works, despite what people might think. But McWhorter's position highlights the alternative. And having 2 ways of looking at an issue is better than having 1 way of looking at it.

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ