[FRIAM] Science Commits Suicide

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 10:42:24 EDT 2020

Jochen,

I tend to agree with your analysis of Eric, Bret, and the DISC.
The hat of Roger Penrose that I am most interested in, and
that I am thankful to Eric for accessing, is Penrose as Geometer.
It is a take and a history that doesn't get the same air time that
more pop-science oriented ideas get. Sometimes I feel that this is
how the DISC, or perhaps a an economic variant, operates in the
public sphere of youtube and social media. There are these very
interesting minds, capable of offering very rich historical insight,
doing the pop-intellectual circuit lecturing on something else
altogether. I am thankful for this interview because it shows that
the commons need not be tragic.

Jon