[FRIAM] Santa Fe Plaza Riot

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Wed Jun 3 14:44:14 EDT 2020

Does it make me a sociopath for me to hope big cities *do* collapse and
become a thing of the past? People who know me well understand when I say I
like persons, but not people, which is to say that while I treasure
individual friendships and relationships, I at best tolerate crowds. I
think we have not evolved the psychological mechanisms to live together
in great concentrations. Our advanced civilization is much too young to
qualify as having stood the test of time, a few measly tens of thousands of
years is such a small blip in time compared to the time life has existed on
our planet. I personally believe that the Earth would be much better off
with under a billion (highly educated) people, with AI and robotics
providing for the bulk of our material needs, and that is something we
should as a species strive for. But then, I could be absolutely,
completely, wrong about all this, and instead just be a sociopath. I hope
not.