[FRIAM] Thread/Post hygiene

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 20:09:42 EDT 2020

Marcus,

The chief impediment to harvesting emails for first drafts of books is order and threading.  I once spent a month trying to rescue a discussion amongst another group, which had much fewer spinoffs than we exhibit.  I tried to design macros to get rid of redundancies, etc.  in the end I gave up.  Of course, one of the worst obstacles was my own larding.  The other was automatic recapitulations of previous posts within previous posts ad infinitum.

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/