[FRIAM] Freedom of opinion or fascist trap

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:15:00 EDT 2020

New York Times says senator Tom Cotton's op-ed did not meet editorial standards
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/05/new-york-times-says-tom-cotton-opinion-piece-did-not-meet-editorial-standards

As I tried to say in my previous post: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/credibility-tp7596748.html
The NYT has lost its Op-Ed credibility. For me, Bret Stephens was the trigger. I'd already been miffed that I couldn't simply suspend my subscription for a little while. You have to call them on the phone, which is irritating for someone who doesn't like talking on the phone. So, hiring Stephens was the 2nd justification. And I've considered re-subscribing since their GitHub covid19 data came online. But then the Cotton Op-Ed changed my mind. With their backtracking and now admitting the Cotton Op-Ed was a mistake, I'm more likely to resub before the elections. Their election tools are great.

But their credibility has taken a huge hit, however you cut it.

--
☣ uǝlƃ