[FRIAM] millenarianism

Prof David West profwest at fastmail.fm
Sat Jun 6 11:38:55 EDT 2020

Russ,

I apologize for any insulting sarcasm.

 I forgot that most readers of those words did not share the context behind them and therefore did not see the amused smile on my face as I wrote them. The context was the first few meetings of the Mother Church immediately following the election. The mood of those meetings and the tenor of the discussion was pretty much exactly as my apocalyptic paragraph described.

I was perplexed, and amused, that such intelligent people would react that way. Nick, in particular, called me on that amusement, accused me of schadenfreude and we all engaged in very friendly, not sarcastic, not insulting, discussion.

davew

>>> ____

>>> Nick____

>>> ____