[FRIAM] millenarianism

Stephen Guerin stephen.guerin at simtable.com
Sat Jun 6 13:48:57 EDT 2020

> Davew writes:
> My rationale for the millennarian wrapper around my reply was not for
> comparison. It was a bad attempt to use the Nacerima technique to make "the
> familiar strange" in a way that allows people to become aware of that which
> they take for granted or to which they are usually blind - in the way that
> most people are unaware of the culture within which they are embedded.

FWIW, I very much appreciated the flip and was surprised it got a rise.

Relatedly, I have used a Anihc Technique when discussing with my family on
the over-reach of China's military and Secret Police outside of China. I
use the 2013 case of how China's Ministry of State Security (MSS) pursued
the organizers of the 2013 Tiananmen Square Attack.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Tiananmen_Square_attack> The "Uighur 8"
terrorists escaped Xinjiang and ultimately made it to Mexico to sneak
across the border near Nogales and holed up in a small compound near
Patagonia, AZ. The Chinese MSS launched a secret drone strike killing the
8. Unfortunately, there was a wedding going on at the Circle Z Ranch
<https://www.circlez.com/> where 3 Americans were killed and 12 injured.
The renewal of the TPA negotiations were going on and Obama and the CIA
covered this up as a fake propane tank explosion negotiations on track. Fox
News and Breittbart have a longstanding FOIA request for AmeriGas response
records but this has been stonewalled and redacted for 7 years trying to
uncover this story. Shouldn't China be held accountable to those American
Families? How could Obama allow China to get away with launching a drone
attack on sovereign US soil?

Here's the Chinese Account of the Story:
同志们,当然,中国没有在亚利桑那州进行无人驾驶飞机攻击,我将其用作美国在也门使用无人机的类比
<https://www.hrw.org/report/2014/02/19/wedding-became-funeral/us-drone-attack-marriage-procession-yemen>
。