[FRIAM] Free online Springer books

Joe Spinden js at qri.us
Tue Jun 16 20:29:56 EDT 2020

ebooks are great, especially the epub format, which is far superior to
pdf.  I carry 2-300 books on my iPhone.  Easy to read in bed, too.  Too
bad the Springer site does not make everything available in epub format.

On 6/16/20 5:34 PM, Gary Schiltz wrote:
> I rather hate to admit it, but a good part of my preference for
> electronic versions of information these days is highly related to my
> lack of good reading glasses, which is in turn related to my laziness
> when it comes to getting out to buy some. Here in EC, I can't just go
> to the drug store to buy cheapies,
> I would have to actually go to an optometrist (5 hour round trip), get
> an exam, go back a week later, and pick them up. With e-books, I can
> just change to a bigger font and/or zoom. Plus, I can read in the dark.
> --

Joe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.