[FRIAM] falsifying the lost opportunity updating mechanism for free will

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 22:48:49 EDT 2020

Glen,

You say: "The system does not *decide* to produce A or B, it simply produces
A or B. The individual branch point (and the path taken) is *not* what I'm
mapping to free will. (Yes, I've already been WRONGLY accused of redefining
the term.) I'm saying that the aggregate phenomenon we mean when we say
"free will" *might* be generated/simulated by this mechanism. I'm not
mapping free will to one small part of the mechanism. I'm mapping it to the
*whole* mechanism, multiple processes, including individual branch points,
the composer, the memory, etc."

The image I am forming here is that of the bifurcating tendrils which form
when lemon juice is added to water. At each moment, Rayleigh-Taylor
instability generates new paths which further express instability in my
glass.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/