[FRIAM] Free will - restart

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Fri Jun 19 12:08:46 EDT 2020

Indeed your "trollish" post is a fair one. I think the ability/discipline
to outline and attack this problem has, as I alluded to for myself, more to
do with human behavior and less with lack of ability. I believe most human
actions are motivated by the old "carrot or stick" idea, that we expend
effort on something in order to either gain some advantage or avoid some
pain. Informal lists like this, largely populated with folks for whom have
already obtained all the carrots they want, and don't see much pain to be
endured from writing rambling stream-of-consciousness posts, are unwilling
to put out the effort to do the organization necessary. I don't mean that
as a criticism of anyone, just my perspective (mostly applied to myself).
Herding cats :-) Cheers!