[FRIAM] Thanks again Marcus

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Sat Jun 20 12:47:05 EDT 2020

If one is talking about objects within a cutoff of a millimeter, then 8 digits might suffice to talk about the locations of things.   If one is talking about objects within Pluto, that’s another 15 digits or so.   It’s certainly not surprising that there are computational approximations to real numbers that are inadequate for some things.  That doesn’t mean that given a particular context, that there isn’t a sufficient approximation.