[FRIAM] USAGM, VOA

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 15:39:29 EDT 2020

<3

What a wonderfully rich and intimate portrait of a bygone era.
The day I graduated from high school, my electronics teacher
gave me a CRT-oscilloscope and a bag of vacuum tubes. For
years I would enjoy watching records on the scope while listening
on my Fischer 400 (the receiver I still rock today). It was amazing
to dial into something periodic in the music, a choice of basis for
visualizing the sound, enjoying the cleanliness of pure sine waves
from digital bass or the thick-fuzziness of Penderecki's micro-tonal
strings. All the while, the powerful pentodes blanketing the room
in warm orange light.

--
Sent from: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/