[FRIAM] Pandemic Over!

∄ uǝlƃ gepropella at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 15:56:17 EDT 2020

To be fair to Dave's point, his prediction was mostly that the virus and the disease it causes would continue at whatever levels, yet "things" would return to normal. So we'd start treating it like any other risk, whether higher or lower, subjectively or objectively. So, to treat Dave's point directly, we should really look at things like people wearing masks, social distancing, businesses reopening, travel, attendance at huge right-wing Trump rallies, etc.

So, these are the kinds of links we'd need:

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/state-data-and-policy-actions-to-address-coronavirus/
https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social-distancing-scoreboard
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/06/18/every-states-rules-for-reopening-and-social-distancing/111909588/

Personally, I think Dave's prediction has obviously failed. But I'm biased because my county has only just requested "phase 3", which means MY PUB IS NOT YET OPEN! Damn it. I have an alternate pub, that opened in phase 2 because they have waaaay more space. But my pub is a hole in the wall that can only fit about 50 people all crammed together. Plus, the only beer store in town where you can get Delerium Tremens right beside the local stuff still hasn't opened at all ... not even to go. And the damned sandwich shop you need in order to eat while having a pint at the beer store still isn't open. So, pffft. The pandemic isn't even slightly over in spite of all the mask-less faces at the grocery and big box stores.

--
☣ uǝlƃ