[FRIAM] credibility

∄ uǝlƃ gepropella at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 07:17:05 EDT 2020

Aaannndddd more fodder:

Slate Star Codex must remain anonymous
The New York Times wants to out the author of a blog that is one of the few sites for reasoned argument
https://unherd.com/2020/06/slate-star-codex-must-remain-anonymous/

I don't know anything about Cade Metz <https://www.nytimes.com/by/cade-metz>. I do/did follow SSC quite closely and hope the NYT does not print his surname (assuming they haven't already and I just don't know about it). But what's more interesting to me is this rabbit hole: http://archive.vn/1TvMm [†]

But on the topic of the NYT's credibility, Op-Eds are one thing. This seems different. Most of the other outlets criticizing the threat to print ScottA's surname seem to lean right. National Review and Reason being the more credible ones. I'm having trouble sorting out where this kerfuffle lies.

[†] Links:
Deep Capture: https://www.deepcapture.com/
Patrick Byrne: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_M._Byrne
Judd Bagley: https://whitecollarfraud.blogspot.com/2015/03/overstockcom-hatchet-man-judd-bagleys.html