[FRIAM] science privilege — fork from acid epistemology

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 12:22:35 EDT 2020

Dave,

Yes, and .... I am stewing about Glen's challenge to produce any EVIDENCE that philosophy has EVER helped science.  I think part of the problem with that is that when a philosophical insight gets incorporated into science it begins to look like method, rather than like philosophy.  Think how Peirce's philosophy seems to be embodied in statistics.    But then, one could argue, it ws Poincare's (?) statistics that got embodied in Peirce's philosophy.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/