[FRIAM] science privilege — fork from acid epistemology

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:44:51 EDT 2020

I'll venture a comment.  My last position at Carnegie Mellon was as a
"Principal Scientist" in the Philosophy Department. My colleagues over the
years had developed algorithms for inferring causal models based on
observational data.  Didn't someone here recently say that correlation is
not causation?  My job was to implement the algorithms and to develop
online user interfaces to make them available to practicing scientists.  My
colleagues were bonafide philosophers of science.  I think I've already
mentioned their book "Causation, Prediction, and Search".  See
http://www.phil.cmu.edu/tetrad for details.

Frank

Frank C. Wimberly
505 670-9918