[FRIAM] Why is it the last several pandemics have come from bats?

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:22:52 EDT 2020

Why is it the last several pandemics have come from bats?  and what's with
the unusual panic about this one?  We had bird flue, sars, zeeka, Ebola
(several times), polio...but then one asshole of a cold from bats (they
think). And it's as if they didn't know what to do. China didn't instigate
a quarintine quickly and was and remains in, denaial. Itally I gather said:
ah fuck it's coming for us? and the US is basically doing the same.

And what's with a lot coming from fucking Bats? Is it that they're  unusual
for being a bit like lizzards, and rats? and can travel far? or just
coincidence?  They're amazing to learn about. And I love it when they're
arround because they tend to eat bugs. two I hoped would stick arround a
few years ago. They sure liked what ever they found to hunt here!