[FRIAM] Equanimous Equinox!

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu Mar 19 11:30:18 EDT 2020

Just now returning from most of a week of wandering the back country of
NM/AZ/UT from 10k ft to 3k, my lilacs and cottonwoods were budding, my
apricot had started blooming and was frozen off, my apples just did the
same last night (froze back) I think.   The grasses are peeking up
through the dry leaves and  dead weed-stalks.

I am amazed at how subtle the "quickening" of Spring can come on...  a
threshold of temperature (nighttime or daytime?) or minutes of sunlight?

At your (glen) higher latitude but sea-level perspective, nature must be
on a slightly advanced/retarted schedule?   Similar but different for
you having moved from Portland this season?