[FRIAM] Some Catchy Tittle about the current plague here

Gillian Densmore gil.densmore at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 22:26:37 EDT 2020

Ok so keeping some amount of personal space, getting only what you need and
listening to health officials is a fantastic start!
I also found out on a youtube channel Linus Tech Tips that Folding at home
is also using lots of computrons.. As gamers say...geeks kind of zerged
them.athey are ecstatic to have renewed interest...it also crushed their
servers. because while we (I am...I guess my computer is in the) process
..crunching data.
I didn't know Folding at home was still active.
Here's a youtube link if anyone else wants to check it out:
https://youtu.be/KU4qOebhkfs

Question:What's the Explain It to me like I'm 5 how this sooo cool
technology works.?

Also question: Why does it prefer my GPU? Is that because a GPU can do an
enormous amount of number crunching far better than the CPU? or just that
the GPU might not be in heavy hardware use a lot so why not so as to
encourage people to install it?