[FRIAM] talk about rabbit holes ...

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:56:33 EDT 2020

So, I find this:

Theorem Proving, Multigraphs and Euler Cycles in R. Part I
https://criticathink.wordpress.com/2020/03/21/theorem-proving-multigraphs-and-euler-cycles-in-r-i/

Which is pretty cool. And I think, wow a philosopher who uses R! Maybe I should follow this dude on feedly or somesuch. So, then I find this:

The Newman Objection to Ramsey Sentence Structuralism
https://m-phi.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-newman-objection-to-ramsey-sentence.html

which I read *because* of this I received earlier this morning:

The remarkable life of philosopher Frank Ramsey
https://blog.oup.com/2020/02/the-remarkable-life-of-philosopher-frank-ramsey/

In the link to the academia.edu page, linked from 2 articles in that post, his blurb says: 'Logician. Stalked by a psychopath. Chased out of Oxford by a feminist vigilante mob. Now a researcher at The University of Warsaw (a project "Model theoretic methods in the foundations of science")'. So now I have to find out if he's just an outright jerk, which means no matter how interesting his tech or philosophy output might be, I'm not gonna follow his work. At which point I find all sorts of links showing he gives talks at Men's Rights conferences and such. Blech. He does seem like a bit of a jerk.

It's a shame because I really like (and agree with) his conception of postmodernism:

The Metanarrative of Social Justice. Or, Why SJW isn’t Postmodernist Either
https://criticathink.wordpress.com/2018/04/29/the-metanarrative-of-social-justice-or-why-sjw-isnt-postmodernist-either/

I worry even about posting these links, here. Am I facilitating the more antisocial aspects of his work? I doubt I am with the FriAM members, particularly. But given that the list is archived and googlable, is it irresponsible to link to his work? Gah. Why is everything so difficult?

--
☣ uǝlƃ