[FRIAM] Good leading indicator and good news

Steven A Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Tue Mar 31 11:19:19 EDT 2020

Barry -

> See
> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-restrictions-fevers.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
>
> Internet-connected fever thermometers indicate that isolation is
> beginning to work.

This "barometer" of health-weather is promising in general...  I am
wondering if the fitness watch industry can't offer other correlateable
data such as changes in resting heart rate, blood pressure, and in some
cases O2 saturation (I owned one for a while that did pO2, but only when
removed from band and deliberately held against a fingerpad).

I've been trying to "guess" what kind of normalization they might (or
not) be doing for the sqew in who (can afford to?/is inclined to?) buys
and uses these devices.   For example, there is a newly reported spike
in cases (and deaths) where my biases have me assuming there is limited
adoption of these types of devices.   In fact, many of the rural
counties I am familiar with in NM/AZ/UT/CO seem very unlikely to have
*any* adoption.

I think this moment in history is an important time for those of us who
have a disciplined (this leaves me somewhat out) approaches to data to
help with the more subtle challenges of data assimilation/fusion.

Has anyone found links to the supporting county-by-county data?