[FRIAM] green swans

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:56:54 EDT 2020

Hi, [again] David

The idea of breakthrough suggests that "we" know where "we" are going.   In
my life time, we have had a zillion breakthrough's only to screw things up
again through overpopulation and greed.  There is no breakthrough that does
not include our some how agreeing that, say, one car, or one house, or,
even, one child, one wife,  is ... enough.  Somehow aspiration has to be
decoupled from the environment.  This is where you Buddhists come in, no?

I am afraid Taleb is just going to be a feeder of dinosaurs.

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/