[FRIAM] Phone voice quality

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 02:03:36 EDT 2020

Phellow Phriammers,

Has anybody got a recommendation on a phone, wireless or other wise, that
has really good voice quality.  I find I am struggling to understand people
when they talk to me over the phone, even though I am on a land line,
usually.  Land line to land line, within the city, seems much better, even
when I am on a wireless receiver within the house.  That would rule out line
quality.  A friend has told me that most cell phones have sacrificed
intelligibility for other virtues, and the problem is almost surely with
OTHER PEOPLE'S PHONES.  In some cases it seems to have to do with the fact
that cell phones are too short to allow a person to both hear well and be
heard well.  People instinctively maximize hearing well, and so the person
on the other end is out of luck.

Any thoughts on any of this?

Nick

Nicholas Thompson