[FRIAM] Meanwhile, back on the troll farms

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Thu May 7 17:34:45 EDT 2020

Roger,

I am aware they these agents are not interested in fixing the problem.
As a high volume participant on Github, I wish to speak with some authority
that the actions these agent pursue betray a misunderstanding of git
workflow.
The goal it seems is to project the facebook/youtube comments model onto
the github issues model. In addition, their criticism is invalid exactly
because
one can fork the repo and perform verification themselves. Thus the
objection,
if taking seriously, betrays a misunderstanding of git workflow. If you
take the
time, as I had, to investigate the individuals on this post you will find
that some
have as many as 93 repos and that they are ALL forked! For Nick, this means
that the repos were written by another party.

Further, you say, " the conservative troll manifesto:  corruption is
inevitable".
Perhaps then, I should be considered a troll. I very much expect to
maintain code,
to build immunities to malevolent agents and measure the corruption embodied
in any social program. This much seems reasonable. I ask about other
git-based
*social **media*, like bitbucket, exactly because it would be good to know
if this is
a failing of Microsoft (who purchased Github for 7.5 Billion dollars last
year).

Jonathan Zingale