[FRIAM] Movement vs. Behavior, and what's in the Black Box

Eric Charles eric.phillip.charles at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:46:54 EDT 2020

Glen,
I'm happy to talk about the celery, so long as we all admit that all our
categories have fringe cases, and that *that *isn't the core of the
category, so it is likely to have many aspects we won't be able to
understand clearly until we go back and forth to the core examples several
times. Off the top of my head, I would say the movement of the water in the
celery probably will not count as behavior, but that the leaf-turning
probably is. Do you think something different?

Also, is there a "hidden state" of the celery we should be looking for?

Eric P. Charles, Ph.D.
Department of Justice - Personnel Psychologist
American University - Adjunct Instructor
<echarles at american.edu>