[FRIAM] Movement vs. Behavior, and what's in the Black Box

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Wed May 13 13:29:46 EDT 2020

Excellent idea! "Bracket[ed|ing]" is a great term. I worry a bit about relying too much on jargon, since I think the mapping I'm trying to make (from deep, thinking human to shallow passive circuit element like a copper wire) might get lost in that jargon. For example, talking about the bracketed items being observables _outside_ the bound might be weird if the audience thinks of sets, where the brackets are around things _inside_ some boundary. I'll have to think about it.

No, I am not using any metaphors when talking about the inductor. I mean it in the way an electrician would use it. E.g. why not put a capacitor in there instead of an inductor? Because the capacitor does something totally different from what an inductor does. Behavior is simply the stuff that happens.

--
☣ uǝlƃ