[FRIAM] PSC Tornado Visualization (2008) [720p] - YouTube

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:20:21 EDT 2020

OK, so what I got from the original visualization, which I have never grasped before is that a tornado is at the core of a double helix with the warm air rising (usually) in a counter-clockwise direction and evacuating at the top and the cold descending in a clockwise direction and evacuating at the bottom.  That there could be so little friction between the two types of air just amazes me, but it confirms something that Roger tried to explain to me many years ago.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

 <mailto:ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com

 <https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/