[FRIAM] PSC Tornado Visualization (2008) [720p] - YouTube

Frank Wimberly wimberly3 at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:20:09 EDT 2020

Above I should have written "both/and is better than either/or".  For
clarity.

Marc Raibert founded Boston Dynamics which was bought by Google.  They're
the people that develop the walking animals, etc that appear in so many
videos.

Marc and I did an experiment that involved solving differential equations
(first principles) offline and storing the results in very large tables.
In real time the walking machine fits curves (not first principles) to the
tables to determine how to move a joint to achieve balance.

Is that an example of a synthesis?
---
Frank C. Wimberly
140 Calle Ojo Feliz,