[FRIAM] IS: Research on Dreams WAS: hidden

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Tue May 19 16:28:45 EDT 2020

This is very close to what I was going to propose, except I intended to say something snarky like: We *already* do nomothetic studies of dreams. The results of which are gathered and used in sleep labs all over the country.

But it sounds like y'all are talking about doing a nomothetic study of what people *say*, not what they dream. When someone talks about the content of their dreams, can you trust them to tell the truth? ... to know the truth? I'd argue, no. They're making up a *story* about what they just experienced.

The same is true about, say, self-reporting alcohol consumption ... or whether or not you'd help a person in an argument with an abusive spouse. Narrative is untrustworthy.

--
☣ uǝlƃ