[FRIAM] Economics 101?

Robert J. Cordingley robert at cirrillian.com
Tue May 26 21:34:28 EDT 2020

Hi Nick

I sort of understand the gerbil wheel analogy but I don't think it
answers the question (regardless of feminism issues). Over many decades,
Western economies have essentially got 'wealthy' and benefited from  the
availability of energy from the oil and gas industries. So does the
current economic crisis trace back to problems with the fossil fuel
industry?  Travel is down big time, hospitality industries are off big
time. But that just adds to the list of people who don't have it. It's
beginning to look like it's all a mirage and wealth is actually based on
debt to someone. Once and if the debt catches up with the circulation of
the economy it would all collapse. Is it a giant Ponzi scheme?  [I'm
going to predict it can all be explained by solving differential
equations in useful economic models.]

Robert

On 5/26/20 6:30 PM, thompnickson2 at gmail.com wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Thanks for asking that question.  I asked it about a month ago in the form, What is this economy we are mourning.  What ever the economy is or money is, both seem to correlate with the number of times we all run around the wheel in our cages.  So, if we all stop exercising in our cages, the wheel stops, and that’s the economy.  It make sense because both government and industry skim off transactions, and so the fewer transactions we do, the poorer they are.  That's why The Elites finally gave way to feminism.  By monetizing childrearing they could, in effect, monetize transactions within the family.

> Nicholas Thompson
> Emeritus Professor of Ethology and Psychology
> Clark University
> ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
> https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/

Cirrillian