[FRIAM] Interdisciplinary work

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:44:32 EDT 2020

Jochen, Merle,

To be clear I was not attempting offense, and before we
*race to the bottom* and get too *butt-hurt*, I would like to
point out that the quote I offered was from the introduction
to Don Quixote that I had in hand a number of years ago.
When I read the quote, I immediately wrote it down and
when I trawl the internet today, it doesn't seem to show up.
I literally had to dig through the pages of one of my archived
notebooks to find it.

Upon reflection, the quote *does* seem relevant to me if I replace
*silly **women *with *stuffy post-academics*. The wisdom it seems is that
thinking carefully *is for yourself* and that the audience is inevitably
composed of *nincompoops* and *ninnies*.

Jon