[FRIAM] Optimizing for maximal serendipity or how Alan Turing misdirected ALife

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu May 28 10:08:17 EDT 2020

It depends. I think some have tried to formalize narratives. In some ways, I think of GitLaw or version controlled collaborative fiction as a partial formalization of story-telling. (There was a novel being written several years back by some big names in sci-fi that was similar to GitLaw ... but it escapes me, now.) I suppose some of the (artificial) formulations of scientific method are attempts to formalize story-telling.

But by and large, as long as humans are doing the story-telling, it'll have some informality to it. And I think *that's* the lesson. When we construct machines that tell good stories, then we'll be able to say more about how formal we can make it.

--
☣ uǝlƃ