[FRIAM] T & P channels

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu May 28 10:50:52 EDT 2020

Glen -
> Excellent synaesthesia story!
>
> I have no interest/stake, really. But I do spend a lot of time modeling biology. And T&P perception matters to so many physiological mechanisms, I was happy to see these guys recognized explicitly.

I think this reflects one of the larger arcs of our discussions
here:      The lack of progress in these areas (T&P channels) until
recently reflects the difficulty of doing this type of research more
than a lack of interest in it, though the interest in it is perhaps
naturally constrained by the lack of tools for effective research.   So
often some of these kinds of breakthroughs had ancient precedents where
*someone* stumbled upon hints in the veritable dark but simply didn't
have the tools or the community support to keep going with the insight
gained.

"looking for our keys where the light is good, rather than  where we
most likely dropped them".