[FRIAM] Optimizing for maximal serendipity or how Alan Turing misdirected ALife

uǝlƃ ☣ gepropella at gmail.com
Thu May 28 12:51:36 EDT 2020

One way to do this might be to universally install disambiguation pages on every word of a tweet. Of course, some words wouldn't necessarily explode (i.e. the disambiguation page would be small, with only a few entries) like "a" or "on". But some words (e.g. "her" or "him") might explode in an interesting way. 20 years ago, the disambiguation pages for these pronouns would reflect societies systemic prejudice against trans people. But today they would be fully blossomed launching points.

A "bottom up" method could then be devised to track and take statistics on the paths followed through these pages, inductively inferring categories from that traffic.

--
☣ uǝlƃ