[FRIAM] Metaphor [POSSIBLE DISTRACTON FROM]: privacy games

thompnickson2 at gmail.com thompnickson2 at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:34:15 EDT 2020

Glen,

I will be the first to admit that constantly in danger of drowning in this flood, and may, therefore, be grasping at anything I see floating near me.  I regret that the discussion's between you, Jon, and EricS are often -- usually -- utterly lost on me -- I experience that as a lost opportunity.

I thought, however, that I did understand, endorse, and even adopt to some degree your meaning of "inside"  and even think up my own example of it -- the case where the numerals in a colorblindness chart are different for different observers but "in" the chart for both of them.  I do believe that that is NOT what Frank, and Bruce, and others mean by inside, so, while it may me to communicate with you, it does not help me to communicate  with them.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson
ThompNickSon2 at gmail.com
https://wordpress.clarku.edu/nthompson/