[FRIAM] Metaphor [POSSIBLE DISTRACTON FROM]: privacy games

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu May 28 15:26:48 EDT 2020

Steve was *wrong* to assume that the way he was "raised" to
understand/use the word "strawman" still held, even though some of
Glen's early usage in conversations seemed to be a *little* off.

Steve *might* have been wrong for all those years he *thought* his peers
(and betters) were using it in the sense he described when in fact they
were using it more in the sense Glen (and apparently many people?) use
it today.   Or alternatively the /reductio ad absurdum/ variation Frank
offered?

Steve *likes* Glen's use of "Strawman", especially when used in
opposition/apposition to "Steelman" as Glen uses it adeptly.

Steve raises his hand proudly!