[FRIAM] Optimizing for maximal serendipity or how Alan Turing misdirected ALife

Gary Schiltz gary at naturesvisualarts.com
Thu May 28 15:46:11 EDT 2020

I am saddened as well, but not surprised. I think that the majority of
individuals of our species are content to be consumers of everything,
including information, but aren't motivated/disciplined enough to put in
the work that it requires to produce/structure good information. It's sort
of like gossip - whether we want to admit it or not, the vast majority of
the population at large likes to hear crap about others, and are happy to
repeat it if they perceive that it increases their social standing within
their group.