[FRIAM] Optimizing for maximal serendipity or how Alan Turing misdirected ALife

Steve Smith sasmyth at swcp.com
Thu May 28 15:56:02 EDT 2020

Marcus -
> Yesterday four police cars quickly surrounded the neighbor's house with their lights and horns blaring.   It turned-out to be a practical joke, as they rushed to the door to deliver happy birthday balloons.   People were peeking out their windows in fear.    I digress.

In some neighborhoods (maybe not in Berkeley, but in Oakland) this could
lead to a full-on firefight?

If you were a "good" city dweller (by my cynical model described
elsewhere) you would not have even looked out the window because, after
all, *it is none of your business*.

Did you jump into your cast-iron bathtub like I hear families regularly
do in Palestine?

Digressions R us,