[FRIAM] Optimizing for maximal serendipity or how Alan Turing misdirected ALife

Marcus Daniels marcus at snoutfarm.com
Thu May 28 18:12:06 EDT 2020

With viruses, there is the possibility of gene overlaps where the same sequence codes for multiple proteins.   I’m not aware of any effort to use this to design (compress) instruction sets for synthetic systems (e.g. digital computers).   The experience of being out-of-phase with a conversation has the same gist.   Maybe you’ll learn something, but it wasn’t what was intended.    It’s fanciful, but suppose one reading frame was the benign program and the other was the secret Bitcoin miner (or whatever).    Like homomorphic encryption, but in plain sight.