[FRIAM] Metaphor [POSSIBLE DISTRACTON FROM]: privacy games

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Sat May 30 00:07:24 EDT 2020

Eric,

Cool, I misunderstood is all. I very much appreciate what you
accumulate for a week and drop. I would be sorry to not have it,
so please do what you need. Thank you for drawing my attention
to *polysemy* and its operational relation to *overloading*, which in
turn I am connecting to *polymorphism* (computing not biology).
What I am hearing is *polysemy* is not a *metaphor* and that both
have a role to play in our denotational language games. Further,
these games are only interesting if they assist in exploring new
domains. In the meantime, you advocate for not making the
collaborative explorations harder on ourselves than we need.
Hell, there is a lot of work to be done so let's not rewrite Russell's
Principia.

Jon