[FRIAM] Metaphor [POSSIBLE DISTRACTON FROM]: privacy games

Jon Zingale jonzingale at gmail.com
Sat May 30 00:08:40 EDT 2020

Steve,

you write:
*I'm still harping on "bent" as it implies that something was "meant to be
straight is deformed by some process or force"?. *

Oh, I misapprehended the critique. Yeah, *bent* like *normie* where there is
a whole context and a basis for comparison. However *bent,* unlike *normie,*
is relegated to a supporting role. I suppose this is why we came to speak
of *geodesics* in the first place, you had already mentioned this too it
seems
in your writings on cartographic projections and *great circle routes*.

*flying, levitating, soaring, running, jumping, seven-leaguing, swimming,
swinging from branches, spidermanning, surfing, skiing, skating, tumbling,
etc.*

Ha, a very nice list. I had to look up *seven-leaguing*, though
*spidermaning*
gave me nostalgia for staring out of car windows on long road trips as
a small child. I would fantasize that some humanoid was *spidermanning*
after the car along the telephone lines.

Jon