[FRIAM] against hysteria in all forms

glen↙↙↙ gepr at ropella.name
Wed Nov 4 13:27:52 EST 2020

There is good news:

'Taking Sledgehammer' to Failed US Drug War, Oregon Votes to Decriminalize Narcotics as Five States Legalize Marijuana
https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/04/taking-sledgehammer-failed-us-drug-war-oregon-votes-decriminalize-narcotics-five

Those of us who waste our free time talking about things like "emergence", "entropy", and "distributed computation", should be able to see locally good results in spite of the non-local catastrophe. I still dream of a Cascadian secession: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_(independence_movement). Division of the earth based on biome would make so much more sense than division based on strong-man war and "economic" power.

--
↙↙↙glen