[FRIAM] The solution to Trump-Biden polarization may be easier (and cheaper) than we think

uǝlƃ ↙↙↙ gepropella at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 15:19:07 EST 2020

Yes! But I'd argue that an endogenous, dynamic (never mind buzzwords like "emergent") control system *is* related to the diversity in the repertoire of the components. I can imagine if all components have a huge, high diversity repertoire, then stable (endogenous and dynamic) control systems may *never* obtain. And if all components have only 1 behavior in their repertoire, then the same perfect order will always obtain. But rather than a flat, zero friction, edge of chaos sort of thing, there's some distribution of repertoire sizes and diversities that results in a large space of possible control systems ... and a weird landscape when trying to move from one control to another in that space.

I.e. how do those of us with large appetites successfully organize with those of us with small appetites? And, importantly, how do we *know* what our own (and others') appetite(s) looks like?

--
↙↙↙ uǝlƃ