[FRIAM] Biden beats Trump

Merle Lefkoff merlelefkoff at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:18:20 EST 2020

Jochen, Trump will unfortunately be with us for a long time to come.  His
leadership was able to turn out extraordinary numbers of voters, enough to
change Congress, governorships, state legislatures.  The Democratic party
is facing terrible internal fights, while it seems to me the Republican
party is still steadfastly unified under Trump.

For those on the list interested in what Biden can actually accomplish
without Congress in his first 100 days, go to:  prospect.org, "The 277
policies for which Biden need not ask permission."  There you can also read
about the results of the Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force from July,
primarily regarding global warming and environmental justice. This is where
the hope might be for uniting the Democratic party.

On Sun, Nov 8, 2020 at 2:19 AM Jochen Fromm <jofr at cas-group.net> wrote:

> America has been able to accomplish what Europe has not been able to do
> before WW II: stop fascism (in form of an authoritarian dictatorship)
> before it was able to take root in the system. Congratulations! It feels
> good that the old America is back. People are celebrating in the streets in
> NY and DC while team Trump is holding one of the last press conferences at
> the Four Seasons Total Landscaping (!) center in Philadelphia. It is hard
> to say what is bigger: the malice or the incompetence of team Trump. It is
> such a relief that we no longer have to hear each day about Trump.
>
> https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/11/four-seasons-total-landscaping-trump-team-news-conference.html
>
> -J.

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
Center for Emergent Diplomacy